The next SO!SO! Hockey Tournament
The date of the next Annual Shine Out! Shout Out! Hockey Tournament in support of our Just be You peer support program will be held on September 9, 2023. It is an important day to raise awareness about mental health and the resources that are available for youth, like the Just Be You peer program.
To register for the tournament, please go to our registration page. Sponsorships are welcome. How to be a donor or sponsor can be found on the sponsorship page.
While you are waiting for information about Tournament Day, please follow us on Instagram (@shineshout), Facebook (ShineOutShoutOut), and Twitter (@shineshout) for the latest information and updates regarding the Just Be You program, mental health, and events in our community.
Helpful Tournament Info
- Time: 8:15 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Canlan Ice Sports, Oakville
- Entry Fee: $725/team total; top 3 fundraising teams get VIP packages; $60 for individual registration
- Level: Recreational
- Players are 18+
- 3 Game-Guarantee
- Men’s and Women’s Divisions
- An over-40 division for Women may be created if numbers permit
- The schedule will be released the week before the tournament
Want to Play?
More than Just Hockey
In addition to the tournament, there will be several fun and engaging things taking place the day of the games. These include:
- Silent Auction
- Donate to win a prize and raffles
- 50/50 draw
- Displays by Community Mental Health agencies / groups
- Presentation of the VICKI Award
- Shout Outs on Mental Health
- Presentation on the Just Be You program
Thank You to Everyone Involved
Events such as the Shine Out! Shout Out! Charity Hockey Tournament are successful because of the many people who are involved: organizers, volunteers, donors, sponsors, and supporters, participants, and players, to name a few.
To all our Community Builders, Green Ribbons, Shiners, Shouters, and Donors for child and youth / young adult mental health we say THANK YOU for helping us make the tournament a success every year, and for bringing hope.
2022 Supporters/Promoters/Helpers of Shine Out! Shout Out! and Just Be You
- Kindred Foundation
- Support House
- OakPark Neighbourhood Centre
- Parents for Children’s Mental Health – Oakville
- Pam Damoff, MP
- L. Akey, EMA Marketing
- The Carfrae Family
- The Cruise Family
- The Nicksy Family
- The Sparling Family
- The Hockey Family
- The MacLean Family
- Assante Wealth Management (Ron Nicksy)
- Innovative HR
- Urban Soap Co.
- A. Hurdman
- C. Tanner
- Halton Suicide Prevention Coalition (World Suicide Prevention Day Garden of Hope activity)
- Michael’s Backdoor
- Elora Mill Hotel and Spa
- Canlan Ice Sports Oakville
- Jacob Danque, TRNSFRM Athletics
- K. Bettesworth
- C. Ross
- The Hood Family
- The Friday Storm
- A. Jemison
- R. Delargy
- Messer Canada
- Wintertickle Press
- Champagne Floral Designs
- Clarkson Sports and Physiotherapy
- Unifor Local 707 Hockey
- SheIs (Brenda Andress, Founder)
- Athletacare: Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Lift Her Up Hockey
- Piper Foods Inc.
- Oakville Blueprinting
- W Hotel (Montreal)
- Sarah Leckie
- Oakville Centre for Performing Arts